Get a Strong, Secure Smile With Implant-Supported Dentures
We love the opportunity to help get a smile back to 100%, at least cosmetically. Sometimes, you get to a point where you waited too long to maintain a perfect smile, but you still want to be able to smile. You still want to be able to have that good appearance. When we have a denture patient, it's an opportunity to take what has been put on the back burner for too long, take parts of their smile that we just can't save at that time, and it's an opportunity to allow that patient to smile again—to have a full set of teeth.
It's also an opportunity to show them here in our office we can take the whole denture process from extracting bad teeth that can't be saved, all the way through to getting your denture, returning, keeping your denture clean, maintaining your denture, stabilizing your denture. If you've got a loose denture or if your denture changes over time, we can help stabilize that, help you chew again, help you smile. We're able to manage the whole process of coming in of someone who needs bad teeth extracted or is already missing teeth and help solve all those steps along the way to having their smile back again.
We create dentures just for you based on molds taken of your mouth. Advances in the art of denture design mean more comfortable dentures that look like your real smile.
For more information on dentures, contact our Spring, TX dentist office at 832-791-1706.
Implant-Supported Dentures Offer Many Advantages
Losing all of your teeth can make you feel like a child again. Your smile is all gums, and you can only eat mushy or soft foods. Many people get dentures to keep their cheeks from sinking in and to eat solid food again.
In a standard set of dentures, your mouth’s natural moisture and shape of your gums helps hold your dentures in place. But sometimes dentures can slip in your mouth or even come out. With implant-supported dentures, your dentures are held in place by dental implants secured in your jaw for a strong, reliable fit.
Advantages of implant-supported dentures include:
- Natural look and feel. They look and feel more like your own teeth than standard dentures
- Stability. Because they are secured with dental implants, implant-supported dentures won’t go anywhere. You won’t experience embarrassing slippage.
- Versatility. You can select dentures that you can detach from your dental implants for cleaning. If you’d prefer, we can offer dentures that remain attached to your implants, so you’ll care for them just as you would your natural teeth, with brushing and flossing. And we can remove them for more extensive cleaning when necessary.
- Better bone quality. Since they act as artificial tooth roots, dental implants stimulate your jaw in a way similar to your real roots. So you’ll retain more bone density with implant-supported dentures. You won’t get that “sunken” look.
- Better fit.Because your bone quality is better with implant-supported dentures, they will require less fit adjustments over time.
Helping You Upgrade Old Dentures
Dentures don’t last a lifetime. Your mouth changes constantly as the years pass. If your dentures are no longer a great fit, we’d be happy to fit you for a new set. If you got your dentures a while ago, you may be interested in visiting us to get a firsthand look at how realistic and natural dentures look these days.
If you’re like most of us, even as you get older, you still want to look your best.
With Care, Dentures Last for Years
Dentures require little work to care for. Just like with natural teeth, you’ll still visit our office for regular cleanings. If your dentures are fitting loose, you’ll want to come in and see us.
Here are some other tips for keeping your dentures looking great and your mouth healthy:
- Rinse your dentures after every meal and before returning them to your mouth.
- Give your dentures a good brushing with a denture cleanser every day.
- Any time you remove your dentures, be sure to gently clean your mouth.
- Soak your removable dentures overnight while you sleep.
- Treat your dentures with care and avoid anything hot enough to damage them.